My Loyal Followers

October 8, 2006

A Trip to A'Famosa 2006!

Grand Lucky Draw prize & shiny Trophies

Phew! We had a great time at A'Famosa especially yesterday. We stayed in a Condotel in A'Famosa itself, located in Alor Gajah just 40 minutes before Melaka. My whole family including our Amber had a great time except Faith was a little bit confused & unsure of that whole place...We left early so that our dogs can rest before the big event starts later which was organised by puppy.com. It only took us less than 2 hours to reach there actually and so we went out for lunch 1st & my mum got to try riding on a beautiful white horse. I eventually love horses myself but was a little afraid to ride it. I know, how silly of me!

Anyway when the event started, Amber participated in all the games which there were six if I'm not mistaken. Faith only participated in two coz she wasn't up for them that day-still confused & unsure of everything going on around her. Let me proudly present to you all, the Champion for the 'Most Creatively Dressed Dog' (Drums thumping...) AMBER!!! Yay! She dressed up as 'Hairy Potter' not 'Harry Potter'. Wakakaka! She was the most attractive there as there were so many papparazzis taking pictures of her. And all I can hear around was people saying, "Harry Potter...Harry Potter..."

My poor
darling Faith did not win second nor third place. She dressed up as 'Miss Lingerie 2006' but the host called her Paris Hilton. Probably becoz the host could not pronounce 'lingerie'. Nevermind! She looked really sexy in her pink, see through lingerie. The other two winners were not bad too but they bought their costumes but Faith's was hand-made by me. Well, there's always next time for her...

Amber also joined the 'Longest Stay' & was 1st runner up. She, the black Labrador & a Shih Tzu was the last three. Thank god this time we are allowed to do either sit stay or down stay. Amber's best in down stay & so she did. But she got distracted by a nice green ball. Thanks to that girl who was showing it to her...Crap! Amber was also 1st runner up for the 'Best Tricks' Competition. She was so exhausted after doing the racing & so was I! But she still did her tricks well...She was different from the rest. Two of them did almost the same tricks but they both also won their own trophies.

And guess what? After all the games ended, I myself won the Grand Lucky Draw prize which I get to stay in a Bungalow at A'Famosa, 2 days 1 night with my family and dogs. Actually, I wasn't expecting to win a lucky draw coz I thought three trophies are good enough. Well all I can say is, what a great lucky day for us all!


Amber & Faith guarding house.
Don't know what they were barking at...


Amber having fun in the bathtub before taking a bath...


Faith looking very photogenic on the bed which she is not
allowed to go on according to the rules actually (shhhh...)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

coungratulation amber.
this yr thropies r even nicer than last yr ones...n d games r more interesting as well.

Amber-Mae said...

Yeah! I just wish the trophies were tied with ribbons-much cuter then! Hey Scruffy (the black shaggy dog) did very well too! He won three 1st place trophies in a row. Very good! Amber & him were the only ones to win three trophies...

Groovy Dogs Just Wanna Hv Fun said...

Way to go Amber! Always confident u wld bag a prize with those moves u hv under ur collar.

Keep learning d new moves.

Amber-Mae said...

Haha thanks Groovy! Yeah, working on three new tricks right now...Can't wait for the next afamosa trip again. I would like to see groovy doing some tricks too some day, he sure looks like the type who's very good in doing crazy ones!

Anonymous said...

yeah, scruffy is alwiz d champ for waggiest tail...

last yr i went wit him...n he got 4 throphies...

Amber-Mae said...

Cheh...not bad eh? But I heard the people who were in charged there saying, "Wah! You alwayz win all da time!" Hahaha...coz that guy also had a Black Lab. But I think if I join to many times like her, I think I'll get fedup coz the games are always the same wah plus, I would like to give other people a chance too...hehe! Sutimes when you do too many times and win all the time, the host themselves will get fedup of you and will let others win.

Anonymous said...

but d crowd can really judge who's d winner....if ur veli good, they must let u win...

n i myself will definately not fedup of winning...last time during sch days, i alwiz join d same event over n over again....hahaha....

Amber-Mae said...

Hehe...The next one we'll join again but then later, maybe not. Now I'm sort of like getting bored of MRDO Day altho it was just our 2nd time. Coz da same things and games mah...but nvm lah, see what happens lah. If diff games come out, then maybe we'll go as many times as we can. The more trophies da better, hehehe!

Natasha Fernz said...

Hi Amanda

I think I met Faith at the MRDO too. She's really quite gorgeous...

Anonymous said...

natasha,

2 me, dalmation all looks d same....hahah....if there r few in there, i couldn't actually recognize...i think only d owner can figure it out....

same as my silkies fren...they put half a dozen of silky in d same playpen....n i ask them, how u guys differentiate...